“If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I would never have believed it,” Catherine said later. It might have been a bit rough, but it saved the child’s life. That said, Khan, himself did not come out unscathed.
Catherine realized that Khan must have been bitten in the process of protecting baby Charlotte. Knowing the dangers of Australian wildlife, Catherine was well aware it was a race against the clock now. Khan needed to get to the vet and receive antivenom fast. There was only one problem. Photo Credit: American Kennel Club