Lilaeopsis schaffneriana var. recurva
Lilaeopsis schaffneriana var. recurva NatureServe Explorer Species Reports -- NatureServe Explorer is a source for authoritative conservation information on more than 50,000 plants, animals and ecological communtities of the U.S and Canada. NatureServe Explorer provides in-depth information on rare and endangered species, but includes common plants and animals too. NatureServe Explorer is a product of NatureServe in collaboration with the Natural Heritage Network.
ITIS Reports -- Lilaeopsis schaffneriana var. recurva ITIS (the Integrated Taxonomic Information System) is a source for authoritative taxonomic information on plants, animals, fungi, and microbes of North America and the world. Seeps, springs, and streams. This population occurs in Scotia Canyon in the Huachuca Mountains, Coronado National Forest, Arizona.
FWS Digital Media Library -- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's National Digital Library is a searchable collection of selected images, historical artifacts, audio clips, publications, and video.Lilaeopsis schaffneriana is a rare species of flowering plant in the family Apiaceae known by the common names Schaffner's grasswort and cienega false rush. Lilaeopsis schaffneriana subsp. recurva ( Huachuca water umbel ), is a federally listed endangered species (status G4T2, imperiled) of the United States. It is limited to desert wetlands, including a rare type of desert marsh habitat called a cienega. There are 8 populations in Arizona and four more south of the border in Mexico.
Huachuca water-umbel (Lilaeopsis schaffneriana var. recurva)
Current listing status
- States/US Territories in which the Huachuca water-umbel, Wherever found is known to or is believed to occur:
- US Counties in which the Huachuca water-umbel, Wherever found is known to or is believed to occur:
- USFWS Refuges in which the Huachuca water-umbel, Wherever found is known to occur:
Leslie Canyon National Wildlife Refuge, San Bernardino National Wildlife Refuge
- Countries in which the the Huachuca water-umbel, Wherever found is known to occur:
- Additional species information
Federal Register Documents
To learn more about critical habitat please see http://ecos.fws.gov/crithab
|Lilaeopsis schaffneriana ssp. recurva (Huachuca water umbel); List as Endangered with critical habitat
||Mr. Kieran Suckling and three others
- Listing: Threatened
- APA: Designate Critical Habitat
- 90 Day Substantial on 12/02/1993
- 12 Month Warranted on 03/29/1995